July felt like a highly unproductive month coming on the back of June’s completion of the House Umber army. That being said, I did make significant progress on some additional Stark units which will be done early-August so there was significant progress which isn’t captured here.
I had picked up the Eyes of the Nine when they were released, but hadn’t gotten around to assembling or painting them, partly due to not feeling inspired enough to paint them. I assembled them to lend to Viv at Knights of Dice to complete the foam for the Nightvault case (an excellent product I highly recommend), and once that was done, put some paint on them as they’ll likely make an appearance in my Frostgrave Summoner warband.
I also completed Ylthari’s Guardians, this was a fairly quick and straightforward paint job, I pre-sketched highlights with my airbrush, deepened them with a wash and white drubrish then used inks and glazes to colour in.
A Song Of Ice And Fire
I had Catelyn Stark hanging around my painting area, so did a quick paint job on her, I’ll be filling out my Stark force over the coming months so I have multiple options to play with.
I have a box of Spearwives which aren’t going to see play in ASOIAF, but I’ve marked for another project. I painted this one up as a gift, incorporating some simple freehand on her tunic (there’s the silhouette of a cat behind her right arm, in different circumstances I would’ve laid this out differently to better highlight it), and tried to make the spearhead look like obsidian (lost a little due to my below average photography). This was a nice little palate cleanser mid-month .
Not a bad month, but my hobby progress here isn’t really reflective of the amount I got done, but that happens when you production line large units. On the upside, August will likely look ridiculous by virtue of work done in the back half of July! Until next month.
Leave a Reply